Sunday, January 11, 2015

Experimenting with TechSmith Relay - Screencast #2 - Lecture on American Ed System

This is another experiment in using TechSmith Relay. This is a lecture and listening/note-taking exercise for students about the American Education System.

The skills focus is listening comprehension, and the words are there on the screen, so there’s not a necessity for captions – in reality, I don’t want them for ESL students doing this type of exercise.

I uploaded the screencast to YouTube before editing out the “Waiting” that appeared at the beginning, and once it’s uploaded, there is no editing, as far as I can see within Relay, but in Youtube, I was given the message that editing enhancements were detected, so I was able to get rid of the beginning snippet there.

I have a note-taking handout and comparison/contrast writing assignment prompt that accompanies the lecture.

No comments:

Post a Comment